Pin Up Video Tutorials
We at The Violet Vixen absolutely love our Pin Up Vixens and so we decided to curate a list of our favorite hair tutorial videos that you can try at home.
1. PinupDollAshleyMarie : Love this tutorial! If you’ve ever had a bad hair day and only have 15 minutes to get out the house, then this Pin- Up tutorial is for you! A few twists of the curling iron, an adorable red scarf, and you’re out the house looking glam and on point.
2. Cherry Dollface – Cherry Dollface has tons of spunk and so watching her tutorials is great. The video below teaches you how to do a slightly updated version of the victory roll, but in a way that is really easy to grasp. Highly recommend for beginners!
3. Kayley Melissa: Booked for time and want an all in one Pin-Up Hair AND Makeup tutorial? Look no further! This ‘Victory Roll’ inspired look is very informative and easy to follow. She also has a great winged cat eye tutorial that you can watch here.
4. LillianMasie : This lovely vixen is adorable to boot and teaches you how to craft an ‘overall’ vintage glam look that isn’t necessarily specific to any time period, but is gorgeous and elegant nonetheless. Love this look!
5. VividMakeup: Aja: This vintage take on a pseudo bun is so beautiful! She does a great job of explaining the differences between a ‘wet pin curl’ set and a ‘dry pin curl’ set and which types of hair those two sets are best suited for! Very educational.
6. JenniiDoll: If you’re looking for an overall ‘looser’ pin curl style that is very Marilyn Monroe, where all you need is a curling iron and some bobby pins, than this video tutorial is perfect for you. Talk about Va-Va-Voom!
7. Amanda Shackleton: Celebrity make-up and hair stylist Amanda Shackleton shows you how to create the famous ‘Betty Page’ look. She kills it! She also has a ton of makeup videos to help you complete the look. Overall, a great way to bring out your inner 1940s glam.
8. Diablo Rose/ LeKeauxVintageSalon: Below is a video tutorial that teaches you how to create this lovely look with no heat, which is fantastic if your hair tends to be sensitive to that. Feel free to browse through several of Diablo Roses’ videos on her Facebook page, as she showcases several of her lovely retro inspired hairdos!
Hope these videos have inspired you to bust out your best victory roll! For more pin up inspired looks, be sure to check out our selection of pin up corsets , as well as our awesome pin up doll Pinterest boards.